Saturday, January 13, 2007

Village near Wuhan

This is an aerial view of a village near Wuhan, taken from an airplane while landing at the airport. At this angle and from so far away, it looks like a model, neat and tidy. One can even say pretty, with those white walls and orange roofs.

However, those Hubei villages that we actually visited on the ground reveal a different reality. Unpaved roads are rocky. Paved roads are often full of cracks and potholes. Windows are broken and walls crumpled. Even those houses that look good from the outside are often run down inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this website. I'm
hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well.
In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own, personal blog now ;)
Also visit my web site perfumes