Friday, February 16, 2007

Give Me All Your Money


In the past few days a popular female former news anchor (張慧慈) have been in hot waters for some comments she made on love and marriages. Apparently she told a reporter that her criteria for deciding whether to marry her boyfriend was whether her boyfriend would be willing to give her all his money. The first said no. The second said “of course” and became her husband. They have been married for 10 years now.

For this, she was called greedy and shallow (貪錢兼膚淺) and crowned “ultimate Hong Kong girl” (極品港女). I do not quite understand this criticism. I would think it is a good test to see whether a man really love a woman, and vice versa. Love is supposed to be a total commitment. You would give your life if you really love someone. Money is – just money. I would think it is the minimum requirement (on both parties, of course) for marriage.

Love should be as beautiful as this lotus that I saw a while ago. Without it, marriage is just a limited-liability contract.

1 comment:

tabbycat said...

Good idea. I should do that with my boyfriends as well, if I ever get any more :-)