Sunday, October 18, 2015

Running from Kennedy Town to Shau Ki Wan

It turned out to be easier than I thought.  It was quite enjoyable because much of the route was on the water front, and it was not too hot.  It seems the government has been making an effort to make the water front accessible.   


I ran into a dead end near the entrance to the Western Cross Harbour Tunnel in Sheung Wan, and had to backtrack.  But once I figured out I need to bypass it I was OK.  

Wan Chai is a nightmare.  Basically the whole waterfront is inaccessible to human beings.  It is not simply because of the entrance to the Hung Hom Cross Harbour Tunnel.  There are no sidewalks at all and no signs to direct pedestrians.  They might as well put up a sign at all streets leading to the water front: pedestrians not allowed.  North Point is not much better. 

I suspect there is a rule to the city planners in Hong Kong: make the path straight only if you cannot make it crooked.  

However, once I got to Quarry Bay, it was smooth running from there to the typhoon shelter in Shau Ki Wan.  

I dream of one day being able to run all the way from Kennedy Town to Chai Wan, along the water front.  




No comments: