Thursday, November 15, 2018

Air dried Meat

Have you had air-dried pork liver stuffed with fat (金銀膶)?  Steam it.  The white pork fat turns translucent.  It has an unusual texture and quite flavourful, if you can make yourself bite into a mouthful of cooked fat.  


On the other hand, we all have had air dried Chinese sausages.  Some are stuffed with pork (臘腸). Others used duck liver (膶腸), etc.   Duck liver is my favourite.  But I like all kinds of sausages.  


Duck.  A bit too dry, and too little meat, to my taste.  


Pork belly.  Good.  But similar issues with the duck.  


But quail?  I should try it.  


Chicken (臘雞)?  Many years ago, when my wife and I were studying in the USA, it was not easy to find these stuff where we lived.  My father-in-law taught us how to make it ourselves.  We didn’t let them dry as much as the commercial products.  It was really tasty.  


All of them are good.  You can be assured of it.  








No comments: