Thursday, March 28, 2019

Crying out Loud

  1. I was in a room with my sister.  I heard some noise outside.  
  2. From a peep hole in out front door, I saw some men outside.  One man a few feet away was turned away from my door, looking down over a railing at something I could not see.  He was wearing a long dark coat, like the one Keanu Reeves wore in The Matrix, sinister-looking.  
  3. One of the man was pushing against my door.  He had already unlocked my door and was pushing it open.  I pushed back but was not able to close it.  
  4. I feel threatened and tried to shout for help.  For some reason, I seemed to have lost my voice.  I shouted “help!” but nothing came out.  
  5. I started to panic and scream “救命呀!”  Nothing.  I screamed harder, with all my strength.  
  6. After two or three times, suddenly, my voice came back and I screamed loudly “救命呀!
  7. I found myself screaming in my bed.  My wife, sleeping on my right, was startled awake.  She was alarmed.  
At that point (7), I realised I was awake, and I was in a dream earlier.  But, at what point did I become awake?  

I was definitely in a dream at (1), when I found myself with my sister (my sister is currently in Toronto). 

Was I awake at (4) and/or (5), when I screamed but nothing came out?  Was my body immobilised because I was asleep and in a dream?  

Did I become awake only at (6), when I actually screamed out loud in reality?

It was a very weird experience.  


No comments: