Thursday, September 10, 2020

Mooncake and Tea

My wife bought my favourite mooncakes from a small local bakery in Tai Kok Tsui:  ham mooncake 金華火腿月餅 and nuts mooncake 五仁月餅.  When I was small, I was only interested in the salted egg yokes.  Once I found my father eating a ham mooncake.  I took a bite and liked it.  Everytime I eat it now, I remember eating it with my father.  I cannot remember how old I was, and where we were.  All I can remember was my father, and the mooncake.  


And we also bought  雞仔餅



We washed them down with a special pu er tea 普洱 made with a delicate tea set, both gifts from our daughter A.  The regular pu er you get at the restaurants loses taste and color after 2 or 3 times.  This special pu er can be used 10+ times, and it still tastes good. 



Topped with a good book from A’s collection. Mario Vargas Llosa’s Conversations in a Cathedral. 



Good food. Good tea.  Good book.  A perfect evening.


No comments: