Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sakura 樱花 Run

Upon advice from my friend L, I took one of the longer runs since I broke my foot, to Mei Foo to see the sakura.  I was slow, but I made the 12 kilometre run.  And it is worth it. 



Along the way, I also got to see and smell many interesting flowers and plants.  There are the Bauhinia variegata 宮粉羊蹄甲.  They look like and are often confused with the Bauhinia x blakeana 洋紫荊 - which is generally more purple in color, flowers in autumn instead of spring, and cannot produce seeds. 



There is also the common sight of a strong-willed banyan tree trying to dig its roots into cracks in stones, bricks, concrete, creating intricate patterns.  



Carefully crossing many streets, stepping up and down sidewalks, making sure I do not fall, I arrived at Lai Chi Kok Park.  The sakura, or Japanese cherry blossom, does not disappoint. 



The strong sweet fragrance of the Osmanthus fragrans 桂花 was a pleasant surprise.  There is a lot of them.  Lovely. And so enjoyable.  



Running is so rewarding.  Flowers are just one of them.  



No comments: