Saturday, April 06, 2024

Grateful

It is now two months since my Fall, which left a big scar on my forehead.  Some aches remain in various parts of my body, but otherwise I am walking and running, and going to work like before the Fall.  I am grateful for the recovery. 



I am also grateful for:

the man who passed me a bunch of tissue to stop the bleeding on my forehead,

the person who called for an ambulance,

the person who took my hand and helped me to sit up,

the lady who collected my eye glasses and my phone,

Dr. H, who called my wife for me,

my boss G, who went with me to the emergency room in the ambulance,

the medics who stabilised me in the ambulance,

the ambulance driver who took me to the hospital,

my wife, who met me at the hospital and have done so much to take care of me from that point on,

the medical staff who scanned my head and wrist,

the doctor at the emergency room who got me admitted to neurosurgery,

the doctor who sewed up my head wound,

the nurse at the neurosurgery who took care of me that evening,

my colleagues who came to visit me at the hospital,

my friend P who brought me cha siu for lunch,

my friend G who brought me a croissant for dinner,

my family who cheered me up in the family video call,

the doctors and nurses at University Health Service who cleaned and looked after my wound,

Prof. C who gave me scar-removal patches,

the nurse who removed my stitches,

the doctor who examined me in the follow-up,

the many relatives and friends who sent well wishes,

the many friends who recommended medicinal food to help with the healing,

the functioning public health system that saved me,

… and so many kind people whom I have met along the way,

ultimately, my wife who has been by my side all the time, through everything. 


All of you are my angels!



 


No comments: