Saturday, August 24, 2024

What do people eat in the Philippines?

I have not been to the Philippines too often. Somehow, I have been here twice this year.  Looking back, every time I come, it is because of Service-Learning. To put it in another way, I might not have come if there is no service-learning.  There is something there to think about.  


I love to eat.  Some random observations of what and how people eat.


Pork belly seems to be a favourite.  Prepared in many ways.  Deep fried.  Stir fried. ….




Sometimes washed down with beer.  Perhaps the local Red Horse.  Brewed by San Miguel.  The company that made San Miguel.  Who else?  



Lots of prepared street food.  Wrapped in banana leaves.  Or something else.  



Many many people grab a quick breakfast from street vendors of all kinds.  Very often rice-based, with some meat.  There are many sausages that are quite sweet. 



Sweet is the thing.  Many things are sweet.  Not just desserts. 


These are just some random observations of course.  I haven’t really been here for very long.  I do wish to come back more.  The people here are really passionate about service-learning.  We have already started some projects here, and are planning more.  







No comments: