Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Miniature Hong Kong models

I wish I can say I made this set of miniature models of dim sum on a folding table, …


a common scene at side walk restaurants, which you can still find in some older districts if you know where to look.  


The reality, of course, is that we bought it from a wonderful shop in Tsim She Tsui.  A while ago my wife and I went to a number of exhibitions of miniature models of old, and disappearing, Hong Kong.  Now we are so glad that there are shops selling them.  

You can buy a kit and assemble them, decorating them in your own way as you go along. 


Or you can admire them in the shop.  You can even take photographs of them.  


It is rather unusual that shops like these allow you to take photographs.  This one, apparently, considers that the benefits, such as publicity through your photographs ,outweigh the risk that you might steal their design concepts.  


They are probably confident enough of their ability to keep innovating and creating new designs.  I love that confidence and spirit of positiveness.  

We wish them success and continued innovation.  We will be back.  

No comments: