Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Vegetarian Buffet

I love meat.  Steak, roasted beef, roasted pork belly, cha siu, roasted duck, roasted goose, roasted pigeon, braised mutton, soy sauce chicken, white chopped chicken, drunken chicken, beef hot pot, …  These are my favourites. 


Our daughter A has, however, introduced me to very tasty vegetarian dishes and restaurants.  



Today, my wife found our way to a vegetarian buffet in Yaumatei which is not only tasty but also very good value for money.  At HKD 70 per person, it is an excellent deal.  



The vegetables are cooked just right.  There are some of my favourites: beetroot, lotus root, bitter gourd, …



They have excellent vegetarian white radish cake (蘿蔔糕).  



Made with organic white radish grown in Hong Kong.  Full of flavour, with just the right balance between radish and rice flour.  



We even bought two extra cakes home to enjoy later.  



They also have water chestnut cake (馬蹄糕), brown Chinese new Year cake (年糕), red bean cake (紅豆糕), and sesame ball (煎堆). 



You are expected to put away the utensils afterwards.  It is an excellent idea.  This is a place that I can come back to. 







No comments: