Monday, May 10, 2021

BPPVx2

I thought I was back to normal on Saturday, after running 12 kilometres, 4 days after failing to get out of bed on Tuesday, having the world spinning around me because of BPPV. Some friends and relatives were warning me that I shouldn’t rush things. 


They were right.  On Sunday morning, I got up again with the room spinning around me.  This time I was better prepared.  I lied down, asked my dear wife to perform the same manoeuvres on me, and waited. By noon I was able to get up and walk around a little, gingerly, staring straight ahead. Our good friend P brought us good lunch, washed down with the delicious thick vegetable soup that my wife made earlier.  As the afternoon wore on while we chatted, I got better.  


In the past week, I have been learning quite a bit about BPPV from my wife’s research, my own research, Dr. Kwong, the experience of my sister, my mother, my sister-in-law E, my colleague H, my friend L, my friend M’s mother, …  I have learned that it is something that has no cure, yet.  That is something that I have to learn to live with for the rest of my wife. 



Today I am back to the office.  If you find me walking around as if I have had several beers or glasses of wine, be assured that I am not drunk.  In fact, I have not had any alcohol at all today.  It is the after-shock of BPPV.  I just have a little difficulty balancing myself.  











No comments: