Thursday, September 09, 2021

Pity the Professor

I was walking towards campus in the morning, suddenly a conversation caught my attention.  It was coming from a young female and a young male, each carrying a small computer,  walking in the same direction. Most likely they were students going to class.  This is already the second week of classes.  



F: “… we played mahjong until 6 o’clock in the morning, and then …”

F: “… there was O Camp, but I didn’t go.  I went to something else. …”

M: “… I went to bed at 2 am. My roommate was still up. …”

F: “… You are well known for going to bed early. …”

M: “… I had to wake him up ….”

F: “… We had wanted to go to a karaoke room.  But we were afraid of getting into trouble with social distancing regulations. …”

F: “… So we booked a room in a hotel.  There were 10, 20 of us.  We were playing games, board games, etc., all night. …”


My thoughts at the time was that I pitied their professor.  

Then it dawned on me that they could be my students.  




No comments: