The sun was setting and the air was cool. We were in my brother-in-law’s kitchen waiting for dinner. Suddenly I saw something fuzzy in the backyard. Is it possible? That fuzzy thing looks like a fox! The size of a medium sized dog, or big cat. Pointed snout. Big ears. Big long bushy tail. Those are the distinctive characteristics of a fox, aren’t they?
It seems to be looking for something. Poking its nose into the tall grass. Rearing up on its hind legs and then plunging its two front paws into the grass. As if trying to plunge through the earth to catch some little rodent underneath. Behaviour I have seen animals do in the snow, in documentaries.
It continues strutting around for a good 10 minutes. Then it disappeared into the distance.
It was such great fun watching the fox. A red fox, I believe. In Metropolitan Toronto.



No comments:
Post a Comment