Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Running in the Rain

Wind howling in your ears, rain drops stinging your face, the cold tormenting your body and your feet yelling for relief - if I can manage to keep going, I can overcome a lot  That is how I push myself to run in the rain.  


The rain drove everyone away.  So you feel you own the place - you are King of the Road.   I alone am here, despite all that.   It is an easy and inexpensive way to feel different. 

The rain clears and cleans the air.  So there should not be any virus to catch.  Automatic social distancing.  


You do get wet.  However, you get wet with any serious exercise.  So that is no big deal. Sweating is, in fact, cleansing.  

Once you get home, take a shower, make a mug of milk tea and put up your feet, you are King of the Sofa.  You are entitled to feel good for a minute.  

Such are the benefits of running in the rain. 




No comments: