Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Roasted Chestnuts

Roasted chestnuts, sweet potatoes, peanuts, … - these are some of my favourite street foods. 



I have been eating them, liking them, since I was a child, when choices were much fewer, and we could barely afford them.  



Now that we are spoilt with the tremendous range and variety of foods available, and I can finally afford many of them, these remain some of my favourites.  Such is the power of childhood memories.  



My wife and children do not share many of my preferences for such street food.  Perhaps because they have different childhoods and grow up with different foods and memories.  Perhaps we are just different.  It makes me slightly sad, since we cannot share some of my joy.  But such cannot be helped.  Perhaps that also makes life less monotonous and more interesting? 



No comments: