Friday, October 09, 2009

My prayer today and everyday

My God, remind me today that you live and reign in my life.

Teach me to recognize you and acknowledge you in nature, in the world around me and beyond.

Allow me to be an agent of your kingdom by helping to bring peace to the world.

Help me be like Jesus, who heals the sick, comforts those who hurt, frees those who are bonded, and brings life.

I trust you for what I need, for both body and soul. Help me to respond to those in need.

Forgive me for what I have done wrong, and help me to forgive in turn.

Do not allow me to slip down the path to evil, and help me to resist the temptation to do so.

- This is, of course, my version of the prayer Jesus taught His disciples. It was inspired by Philip Yancy’s version in his book “Prayer - Does it make any difference?”





No comments: