Friday, August 12, 2016

Manchester United

I suddenly realised that the new football season is starting when I saw a video of Jose Mourinho walking around in a stadium that looks familiar.  Of course, he is now the new coach of Manchester United and I was there in July, at the spot where he is now.  


I started getting interested in Manchester United in the late 1960s, when I had to play football at Aberdeen Technical School every day, 5 days a week.  I was one of the worse players in my class, but that was the only sport that I knew anything about.  And I have been following them ever since. 


This time I got a chance to see the stadium, visit their dressing room, stand at the spot reserved for the home team, …  


They do have some exciting young players, and now a new coach.  Hopefully a better season than the last few.  









No comments: