Sunday, February 20, 2022

Cold Run

This is the coldest day of the winter so far.  8 degrees Celsius.  And it is raining.  I almost decided not to run.  I actually started to run on the sheltered pedestrian walkway.  When I ran out of walkways, and the rain seemed to thin out a little, I ventured out.  



Even the sparrows and pigeons were sheltering from the rain.  They hardly move even when one gets close.  The cold was worse than the instinctive fear of the big monster.  



I was a bit surprised to find that it did not feel as cold as I feared.  Perhaps because the rain was light, and there was little wind.  Nevertheless, there were very few people on the waterfront.  Normally there would be dozens of people running.  Today I saw no more than 10.  



When I got home after an hour and a half in the cold and rain, my fingers were too numb to turn the key.  I can imagine how the sparrow and pigeons feel.  Same with the homeless, and those waiting in the open to be tested, to be admitted, or other reasons. 



No comments: