Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Thank you for Being Here … and There … and There

Thank you for being here - to keep me company when I cannot sleep.

TYFBH - to stretch my leg when it cramps.

TYFBH - to wrap my foot like an ice cream cake when I broke it.



TYFBH - to fix my head when an ear stone made the world swirl around me. 

TYFBH - to indulge with me in our favourite durian, both fresh and as dessert. 


Thank you for being there - to tie us over when I lost my job in Toronto even before I could start. 

TYFBT - to set up our dream house in Ottawa. 

TYFBT - to bless us with our first, elegant, diligently smart engineer daughter. 



TYFBT - to honour us with our second, beautiful, fiercely passionate lawyer and farmer daughter. 



TYFBT - to gift us our third, lovely, pleasantly caring accountant daughter. 


TYFBT - to track the powerful pharaohs lost in history in Egypt with me. 

TYFBT - to walk the Star Wars drenched desert in Tunisia with me. 

TYFBT - to look for the monster minotaur on the island of Crete in Greece with me. 

TYFBT - to get lost in Cyrus’ humongous 2,500 year old Persepolis in Iran with me. 

TYFBT - to sleep in the caves and gaze up the ceiling of Constantinople’s Hagia Sophia in Turkey with me. 

TYFBT - to touch the breached Berlin Wall with me. 

TYFBT - to be touched by the horrifying Auschwitz in Poland with me. 

TYFBT - to brave the icy winds in the majestic fiords of Norway with me.  

TYFBT - to run in Hyde Park in London with me.  

TYFBT - to glimpse the mysterious monks at the mystical monasteries in Russia with me. 



TYFBH - to strive all our lives to know the truth with me. 



TYFBH - to make the sacrifices so that I can chase my dream and calling all over the world. 

TYFBT - to study and discuss making our faith relevant to the real world with the Book Club.  

TYFBH - to live authentically despite all the ugliness, small-mindedness. selfishness, … around us, to put our trust in the One True God.



TYFBH - to do our best to support each other in the community to live authentically, with courage. 



Thank you for being here, and there, and there, and here.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being you!