Monday, June 04, 2007

A View of Hong Kong Island

This picture was paid for with a minor sun-burnt. It was taken early last Saturday morning. The sun was bright and the running from the West Kowloon Promenade (西九龍海濱長廊) to Whampoa (黃埔) to take the pictures took its toll. I took the pictures and my daughter stitched them together. You are welcome to use it but please drop me a note if you enjoy it.

It is a real privilege to live in Hong Kong and be able to enjoy this view freely. It is almost “anytime” “anywhere” (on the Kowloon waterfront). The view changes with the time of the day and the weather; and it is always spectacular.

The skyline is only partly natural. Mostly it is man-made, but there is no real planning as far as I know. (Not sure whether it is a credit or de-merit to Hong Kong.) I like to think of it as a gift from God. And this picture is my little gift to you. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to both of you for the time and effort. I never thought of the HK skyline as a gift from God. I always complain about the ever-increasingly height of the buildings, and the ever-narrowing of the harbour... Well, I now take it as a gift from God to remind us of our responsibility to handle wisely the earth's resources...

StephenC said...

Yes, it is a gift to us all. We should not spoil it.