Friday, June 08, 2007

What do you treasure?

If I believe my existence does not stop at my death, if I believe some things have long lasting value (and some do not), then obviously I should try to secure those things that do.

This picture was taken when I was flying over the Great Lakes region between Canada and the US. Just a random river and a random lake, but it was so beautiful. I have some other pictures over that terrain and I never got tired looking at them.

This was Mount Fuji, from the airplane on the same trip. Yes it was made by some natural process, but God must have created those natural processes. I believe beauty has an eternal quality to it, and it is one of many things that do.

I want to know this eternal God who must have created it, don’t you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most amazing thing is that this Creator is willing to reach down to touch us, to love us, and to live within us.
One of my most beloved verses: "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"
(Psalm 8:3,4)

Anonymous said...

同意!