Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another day, another accident

A motorcycle ran into the rear end of another vehicle at the Hung Hom entrance to the cross-harbour tunnel this morning, blocking up traffic for a while. It was at least the 6th accident I saw at this spot in the past year. And the second one that involved a motorcycle. Fortunately, it appeared to be a minor one.

Because of the traffic, vehicles are always forced to move slowly and serious accidents are relatively rare here. The police are efficient too. Almost immediately after the accident, the police had directed the traffic to flow around the offending vehicles. When I stepped into my office a couple of minutes later, I heard on the radio that the accident had been cleared away. However, I could see the vehicles and the police were still at the scene. It reminded me again, as if I needed it, that the news are not always completely accurate.

Within a few minutes, the offending vehicles were indeed gone, the traffic resumed, as if nothing had happened. Just another reminder that I should not allow my girls to ride motorcycles.


No comments: