Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Gas Delivery

Many homes and restaurants cook with “petroleum gas” from canisters.  The canisters are often delivered on bicycles through the busy streets of Hong Kong. 


On one of my runs one morning, I spotted a man delivering one on Nathan Road going north. The canister seemed heavy, and he was going uphill.  



Later on, I caught up with him when he was stopped at the traffic light at the junction with Austin Road. He was squeezed between the curb and the big double-decker bus. 



I was surprised to see him again at the junction with Jordan Road.  This time the space between the curb and another double-decker was just too narrow.  He had to wait behind the bus. 



In a minute, he seemed to have the junction all by himself when he crossed.



But traffic soon caught up with him. 



It seems that they are all men.  I don’t remember ever seeing a woman delivering these canisters.  



No comments: