Saturday, April 03, 2021

It feels like Cambodia

When I came out this morning, the air was still cool, but the sun was already bright and hot.  It was evidently shaping up to be a hot and sunny day.  For a second, I though I was in Cambodia.  Because that is how it feels like, waking up in Cambodia.  And when the weather gets hot, that is a hint that I should either be in Cambodia, or going there soon.  


The reality is that we have not been able to take our students there in 2020, and will not be able to do that this summer either.  Will I ever be able to return there?  I have been going there every year since 2010.  I have so many friends there.  And there is so much  more that we want to do over there.  Can this possibly be the end?  I hope not. But at the moment, we have no idea when we will be able to return. 


Today, I can still run.  So I did.  Only so far as Tsuen Wan, however.  The day is hot, I don’t feel particularly strong.  And I lost my way a little.  So I stopped at 17 kilometres, in Tsuen Wan, and took the MTR home.  I will probably be back some other time, and hopefully I will go further.  



I did find another mulberry tree.  But the mulberries are too high to pick.  



I still have the rest of the day to do some reading and writing.  And think about Cambodia and Rwanda.  


No comments: