Saturday, November 14, 2020

Deer-a-thon, finally

On October 4, for the deer-a-thon, I wanted to run through as many of the universities in the central axis of Hong Kong as possible. I started from PolyU and reached OpenU, BaptistU, CityU before I sprained an ankle and could not continue onto ChineseU as planned.  


A month later, I tried again.  On November 7, I started from ChineseU, ran along the Shing Mun River, up Taipo Road, passed the monkeys near Kowloon Reservoir, down Taipo Road, and reached CityU.  My ankle was still hurting, and I had little energy left; but I didn’t want to give up.  By the time I reached BaptistU, I  really couldn’t run.  But I did managed to reach OpenU and then PolyU. 



Today I started from PolyU, ran to the Star Ferry, took the ferry across the harbour, ran along the harbour and found my way up Lok Fu Lam Road, and finally reached HKU.  



One day, I will run from UST to PolyU.  Another day, EdU to ChineseU.  Yet another, LingU to PolyU.  It will take me a while, but I will do it. 


One thing I learned to do through running: if I don’t give up, one day I will do what I want - if I don’t die first.  Then it does not matter anymore.  







No comments: