Friday, January 25, 2008

Jubilee in snow

This is, of course, not a six-pointed star, but a beautiful snow flake. Look closely, and everyone of them is different.

No, this was not the first time in my life that I have seen a snow flake. I lived in snowy places (Rochester, New York; Madison, Wisconsin; Toronto, Ontario; Ottawa, Ontario) for 18 years. So I have had my share of snow. But I also haven’t seen a snow flake for the past 14 years. So I was excited.

This was Jubilee School in snow. The building to the left is the dormitory, and to the right is the school. It looks really pretty in snow.

The kids don’t have much. Indeed they don’t have many toys, if any. There weren’t even that much snow. Yet they find simple ways to have fun. And they seem genuinely happy. They do have each other and there is love among them.

They have taught me again that there are few true necessities in life.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this website. I'm hoping
to see the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own site now ;)

Here is my blog post ... agencja reklamy lubin